- Archives of the Orthodox Church in America (Syosset, N.Y.);
- Balch Institute (now at Historical Society of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pa.);
- Byzantine Catholic Seminary of Ss. Cyril & Methodius (Pittsburgh, Pa.);
- Greek Catholic Union of the U.S.A. (Beaver, Pa.);
- Heritage Institute of the Eparchy of Passaic (Woodland Park, N.J.);
- Immigration History Research Center (Minneapolis, Minn.);
- Jankola Library and Slovak Museum (Danville, Pa.);
- Library of Congress (Washington, D.C.);
- New York Public Library (New York, N.Y.);
- Pennsylvania Anthracite Heritage Museum (Scranton, Pa.);
- Pennsylvania State Library (Harrisburg, Pa.);
- (former) Slovak Museum & Archives (Middletown, Pa.);
- St. Tikhon Orthodox Seminary Library (South Canaan, Pa.);
- Ukrainian Museum and Library (Stamford, Conn.);
- University of Pittsburgh – Archives of Industrial Society (Pittsburgh, Pa.).
I am indebted to the staff and curators of these institutions and to those who collected and deposited the materials over many decades, and who welcomed me in some cases as many as on seven different occasions.
Additional valuable sources include the following.
- Naturalization documents:
- County courthouses (Cambria, Carbon, Clearfield, Indiana, Luzerne, Northumberland, Schuylkill)
- Ancestry.com, Fold3.com
- Census records - Ancestry.com, Fold3.com, etc.
- Immigration records (ship manifests) - EllisIsland.org
- Incorporations/charters of churches, ethnic clubs, and fraternal lodges - mainly in county courthouses
pyrohŷ-making in Jessup, mid-1900s
And I am grateful to those individuals who made their own substantial – and unique – holdings of relevant materials available to me:
- Joel Brady
- David Felix
- +Joseph Krawczeniuk
- Paul R. Magocsi
- John Schweich
- Anthony X. Sutherland
- John Uram
- and others.
Original material is © by the author, Richard D. Custer; all rights reserved.