“Celebrating Our Past, Understanding Our Future” will run from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. at St. Michael the Archangel Byzantine Catholic Church, 205 N. Main St., Pittston. It’s free, but advance registration is requested.
Presentations will be as follows:
- 9 a.m.: Michele Parvensky, "Staryj Kraj – the Old Country;"
- 10:45 a.m.: Rich Custer, "The Greater Pittston Area and St. Michael’s Byzantine Catholic Church: A Carpatho-Rusyn Immigrant Hub of the Wyoming Valley;"
- 1:30 p.m.: Peter Yasenchak, "The Richness of our Coal Fields and the Ancestors who Toiled in Them."
- Presentation on Carpatho-Rusyn History on Saturday, October 3
- Eastern Pa. Chapter of the Carpatho-Rusyn Society visiting St. Michael the Archangel Byzantine Catholic Church in Pittston
- Out on a limb: St. Michael the Archangel Byzantine Catholic Church to host Carpatho-Rusyn ancestors event
- St. Michael’s hosting historical presentation Oct. 3
- St. Michael's offers discussion on Carpatho-Rusyn history