- Aliquippa: photographs (exterior & interior) of the original Ss. Peter & Paul (Ukrainian) Greek Catholic Church (replaced by a new church built in the 1960s).
- Barnesboro: photographs (exterior & interior) of the original St. John the Baptist Greek Catholic Church which burned down in 1924.
- Colver: photographs (exterior & interior) of the original Holy Ascension Russian Orthodox Church which burned down in the 1920s.
- Minersville: interior photograph of the original St. George Greek Catholic Church.
- Old Forge: interior photograph of the original St. Nicholas Greek Catholic Church with a full view of the icon screen.
- To be continued...
Carpatho-Rusyns are one of the major ethnic groups of Pennsylvania. From the time they settled the state’s small towns and cities in the late 1870s until the present time, Carpatho-Rusyns have left an indelible mark on the state, and their story should be told. This blog is about a project that will do just that. Read more
Tuesday, July 1, 2014
Photos imagined and...real?
In a recent post, I wrote about a lot of things -- mainly photographs -- that I saw once upon a time that have since gone missing before I had the chance to scan them. There's a whole other realm of photos that may have never existed. But that won't stop me from searching for them. If you know of any of these images, please let me know at rusynsofpa (at) gmail (dot) com. Many thanks in advance!
Posted by Rich C at 11:08 PM